7 hour class open to men and women, designed to develop safe & well rounded NEW shooters. I will help you ace your Texas License to Carry proficiency test.
Handgun Basics & Texas LTC February 20th, 2021
February 20th, 2021
9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
7 hour class open to men and women, designed to develop safe & well rounded NEW shooters. I will help you ace your Texas License to Carry proficiency test. Taught by a FEMALE DPS CERTIFIED LTC Instructor/School Safety Instructor (arming Texas Teachers).
2 hours in class & 1.5 hours on the range, Lunch break, Then Class portion of your Texas LTC! Knock it out in one day!
*DPS certified Instructors are not allowed to teach you to shoot in the class portion of your Texas LTC class, you must know beforehand. Don’t take your License to Carry class scared, take your shooting test as a TOP SHOT!
We will run 1st shots and then do the State required LTC proficiency shoot/LTC course of fire.
• Firearm safety.
• Familiarization & Fundamentals.
• Proper range etiquette (what to expect on the range) for a live fire class, this possibly being the 1st time you’re a student on a live fire range, under the direction of a “Range Master” (someone telling you what to do).
• 1st Shots!
• License To Carry live fire test
* Class portion of your Texas LTC covering laws on use of force, where you can carry, safe storage & non violent dispute resolution.
• Brand New Shooter w/good attitude, or need a refresher.
• Must be 20 years old for LTC
• Working handgun .22 or above
• 70 rounds of “target” (FMJ) ammunition. (Email with any questions)
• Eye & ear protection.
• Rentals are available and include ammunition.
FOOD: Pack snacks/lunch & bring water. Hydration is your responsibility!
ATTIRE: Range appropriate attire.
• Long pants are a good idea. Shorts are allowed.
• Closed-toe shoes (NONNEGOTIABLE)
• High collared shirt (t-shirts are good, tank top or v neck shirts are not).
• Brimmed ball cap or visor cap highly recommended but not required.
• Rain gear (jacket / rain boots), just in case.
VERY IMPORTANT: Plan on being at the range address 30 minutes PRIOR to class start!
REGISTRATION POLICIES & TERMS:
*Rentals and remainder of class fee (if any) done morning of class.
NO VIDEO POLICY! To protect the privacy and learning experience of ALL students. There is a strict NO VIDEO policy during class. Having your phone out is a safety issue on it’s own.
Cancellation: 50% of class fee is a non-refundable deposit (all efforts will be made to transfer you to another class).
No-Show: Participants who do not show to the event without prior 72-hour notice forfeit their total registration fees.
I am a “one man show”, wife, & mother. If I get sick or there are unforeseen circumstances or emergencies that cause a class to be cancelled, please have grace.
All efforts will be made to reschedule the class with as much notice as possible.
If a reschedule is not possible for you, a refund will be issued via paper check within 14 business days.