Handgun Basics & Texas LTC
Each class is offered in three sections. You can either take Handgun Basics Only (NO TX LTC), TX LTC Only (no basic handgun review), or both together in the same day. When signing up for class, that day will have three registration links, one for handgun basics only, 1 for TX LTC only, and 1 for both.
You can take handgun basics only by itself (without TX LTC) which is great if you just need a refresher.
You can also take TX LTC only IF you are proficient and do not need a refresher, but just need to participate in the LTC portion to apply for your license to carry.
Or, you can take both combined!
8 hour class open to men and women, designed to develop safe & well rounded NEW shooters.
I will help you ace your Texas License to Carry proficiency test.
Taught by a FEMALE DPS CERTIFIED LTC Instructor/School Safety Instructor (arming Texas Teachers).
2 hours in class & 1.5 hours on the range, Lunch break, Then Class portion of your Texas LTC! Knock it out in one day!
*DPS certified Instructors are not allowed to teach you to shoot in the class portion of your Texas LTC class, you must know beforehand.
Don’t take your License to Carry class scared, take your shooting test as a TOP SHOT!
We will run 1st shots and then do the State required LTC proficiency shoot/LTC course of fire.
• Firearm safety.
• Familiarization & Fundamentals.
• Proper range etiquette (what to expect on the range) for a live fire class, this possibly being the 1st time you’re a student on a live fire range, under the direction of a “Range Master” (someone telling you what to do).
• 1st Shots!
• License To Carry live fire test * Class portion of your Texas LTC covering laws on use of force, where you can carry, safe storage & non violent dispute resolution.
• Brand New Shooter w/good attitude, or need a refresher.
• Must be 20 years old for LTC
• Working handgun .22 or above • 70 rounds of “target” (FMJ) ammunition.
• Eye & ear protection.
• Rentals are available and include ammunition.